Setting Up and Tuning the Tenor Drum (and bass drum)
This series of video lessons will provide students and instructors alike with a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental techniques for the marching percussion section.... From my experience, marching quads is the hardest out of snares, bass, and quads as I have marched all three. If you don't march the right way it will mess up your back. DON'T LEAN BACK TO ACCOMMODATE FOR THE WEIGHT. This will mess up your back big time.
How To Get The Best Sound From Your Bass Drum
The Marching Bass Drum Lyre easily attaches to right, top side of bass drum. Molded from black ABS plastic and reinforced at stress areas this lyre withstands the rigors of marching band. Spring loaded Wind Clip holds windows for easy flipping. This is the only marching bass drum lyre …... 10/07/2008 · Best Answer: That's a typical problem most bass drum players have. Although I personally like the bigger ones because I have a bigger sound, and I don't like playing the smaller ones, because it doesn't really feel like a bass drum.
Marching bass drum? Yahoo Answers
Marching percussion instruments are specially designed to be played while moving. This is achieved by attaching the drum(s) to a special harness (also called a carrier or rack) worn by the drummer, although not all marching bands use such harnesses and instead use traditional baldrics to sling their drums (the British Armed Forces, for instance how to take a screenshot on galaxy s tablet 8.4 An type of drum in the drumline of a marching band that is big, tilted 90 degrees to its side, and strapped to the marcher's chest. They are heavy instruments, the …
Marching Bass Drums Musician's Friend
How long can it take?
The Band Director’s Guide to Fall Marching Percussion
- How To Use A Marching Snare Drum Strap Made Man
- Corps of drums Wikipedia
- Marching Series Pearl Drums
- Marching Bass Drums – Thomann UK
How To Wear A Marching Bass Drum
The advice Doug gives in the video should provide you with a direction that you feel comfortable with when it comes to tuning your drums. Let's quickly reflect on the key points to make sure that you can decide how you want to approach your bass drum tuning this season.
- The Best Marching Bass Drums. July 7, 2017. You can’t have a marching band without a percussion section and that beat that keeps everyone marching together is coming from that large marching bass drum. That low-end boom is essential to not only keeping all of the rest of the instrument on time, but it keeps the entire band marching at the right pace. If you are a band director looking to add
- Drum Hardware (Marching): Drum hardware such as lugs, claws, tension rods, swivel nuts, strainers, and nuts and bolts are guaranteed against material failure and manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original purchase.
- Once the marching snare drum straps are secured to the snare drum, you can slide the drum over your head and wear it over your shoulders. This method of how to use a marching snare drum strap still uses your lower back to support the drum.
- Now, this is where it gets really interesting - the resonant head on a bass drum is the key head when it comes to a great bass drum sound. Turn your bass drum over into the playing position, engage spurs and attach your favourite bass drum pedal.